Tuesday, August 17, 2010

And so it begins!!!


Here we go again with another school year! Hallie started the 5th grade yesterday. She has the same teacher she had last year. Miss Holtkamp. She was fine with having the same teacher because she is sure that she will get to help with more things. She was so excited to get back with friends. She loves school. She also spent a long time picking out her first day outfit and accessories! I think she did a great job! Hallie thought it was going to be weird to be the only one in our family at school yesterday. I thought so too.


Abbie's first day was today. She was a little nervous about school because she "doesn't know how to read" but we met her teacher yesterday and now she feels a lot better about school. Her sisters helped her pick out her first day outfit. It was cute to see them all working together to get it just right.
I refuse to buy a new backpack every year. They don't wear out that fast. I buy one every other year-mean huh? So they have the same packs as last year (Abbie is using one of Nat's old ones for something different). They will get over not having a new one. They always do. In fact they are over it already because we aren't at the store seeing new ones!

Here are my cute elementary school girls! Man, are they growing quick! This year I hope to be really organized with our lives. Our calendar is filling up fast!


3 comments:

The Green's said...

Cute girls! I hope they enjoy their year.

Megan and Kenny said...

Good luck with the new school year! The girls look cute in their outfits.

Rachel Keppner said...

Holy Moly! Your Hallie is a total TRICIA-clone!!! :-) It seems like just yesterday *we* were starting 5th grade! dang...