I had good intentions of posting something I was grateful for every day this month. That obviously didn't happen. So, I am taking my friend Christina's idea and I will do an alphabetical list of some of the things I am thankful for.
A is for Abbie. She is a sweet girl and always a good helper. She is teaching me that, even though I have had two girls before her, I have a lot to learn to be her mother. I have had to learn new ways to teach her and help her with school and her emotions. I think it is a good thing. She is keeping me on my toes!
B is for bed. I love the rare chances I get to sit on my bed, cozy up, and read a good book. I also love when kids are in bed and the day winds down.
C is for Christmas Shopping. I love buying things for my family. I spend a lot of time looking and touching and getting just the right things. I think it is so fun, unless I can't find what I want after looking in a million stores--cute little girl jeans that don't look cheap and overly bedazzled, is that too much to ask? Oh yea, this is about gratitude.
D is for dessert. Any time. Not just after dinner. It can make you happy. My new craving: White chocolate raspberry cheesecake from cheesecake factory. It is a good thing I don't live close to one. My stomach and wallet would suffer greatly.
E is for energy. After years of having none, I am so glad that I am getting some back. It is amazing what I can get done when I am having a good energy day.
H is for Harry Potter. I have been immersed in his wizarding world for a few months. Rereading the books and reading some of them to the kids. So entertaining and creative. JK Rowling is brilliant. It is also for Hallie. She is growing up so much and I am loving the girl she is turning into. So witty.
I is for inspiration. I love when I feel like someone has put an idea into my head that is going to make my life, or someone around my life, better. As a mom I couldn't live without it. It is also for Ice. I love it.
J is for Jace. He is a very funny boy. He brings some much needed (though sometimes destructive) testosterone to this house. I couldn't think of a better way to describe the joy he brings better than Nat did the other day, "Of all the brothers I could have had, I am glad Jace is the one I got."
K is for kisses. Love to give them, love to receive them. They can fix so many problems for kids it is amazing. And a good kiss from the hubby isn't too bad either!
L is for learning. I love to discover new things. I love looking things up on the internet to get more information. I love what my kids teach me everyday.
M is for monsters. Jace keeps having nightmares about them. I know it is crazy and I hope it doesn't last forever, but I do love to cuddle him in the middle of the night to help him feel better. My kid cuddling days are passing too quickly and I realized that I am really going to miss them.
N is for Natalie. It is fun to watch her grow up. Blossom. Be in Jr High. It also brings back so many memories of my life at that age. Hey! N is also for Nostalgia!
O is for order. We don't get enough of it around here. Chaos reigns supreme, but more and more I am realizing order can make a world of difference when Organizing a big family, their schedules and their cleanliness. We don't want to turn into an episode of "Hoarders" around here, but boy could it happen easily!
P is for Pandora. For a total cheapskate like me it is awesome. I like free things. Nothing beats cleaning the house while blaring awesome music from my favorite stations. Wham! and Pink. Yep. They are great. You should try them. It is free!
Q is for quiet. Just a moment here or there. If it lasts to long I know something bad is happening (remember my comment about a destructive boy named Jace?). Yet, the occasional quiet moments when everyone in the house is calm and content, those are priceless and fleeting.
R is for Richard. My sweet dad who is a great example of what a dad should be. Loving and helpful and calm. I will always be grateful that I was in his family.
S is for Shane. A great husband, father, provider, and best friend. I am blessed. It is also for Sandra. A mom who teaches and exudes selfless service. Her willingness to do things for people, and the ease with which she can pull off feeding the masses, will always amaze me.
T is for Tv. I won't lie. I love escaping into a good show or movie. I love introducing my kids to classics. We love to turn out the lights pop some corn and be entertained.
U is for undivided attention. I am trying to be better at giving that to people around me.
V is for variety. Variety in my day to day activities. The variety of colors when I look outside. The variety of qualities I see in all my friends.
W is for whispers. I love when my kids whisper something in my ear. It is usually something they don't dare say out loud. It usually teaches me more about them than I learn in normal conversation. Or it teaches me something that their siblings are doing that they shouldn't.
X is for eXciting. It is nice to do something exciting once in a while. I don't get excited very often (I have no emotions), but it is so fun to see my kids get excited about new experiences. I am going to think of something exciting and do it. What could it be?
Y is for yakity yaking with my friends. It is rejuvenating to go out and have a nice visit with fun and funny people.
Z is for zzzzzzzzz. sleep is good. it makes me happy and kind.
If you stuck with me through this list you are amazing. I am grateful for so many more things, but I have written a novel and will give it a rest.
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing your thankful list. I really liked. Maybe if i'm feeling ambitious I'll copy your idea. :)
Love your list!
I love your list Tricia! What a great idea...it got me thinking of all the things I'm grateful for too.
Post a Comment