Tuesday, February 12, 2013
My Diamondbacks of the Month!
Every quarter the teachers at Fort Herriman pick their best students and they are nominated for Diamondback of the month. From the bunch that are nominated they pick 4 girls and 4 boys to win. My kids have been nominated several times and this quarter they both won!
The winners get called up during an assembly, they have a little biography read about them, they get a snake draped around their neck, and then they get a plaque. It is pretty cool for them to be recognized and pretty crazy to have them both get it at once! After the assembly parents are invited for a little social with cookies and punch and they give the kids a folder that has letters from all their teachers. I think it is a great way for the school to recognize the kids that work really hard.
I am so glad these two girls enjoy school, learning and working hard. They always get great grades. We recently had a funny conversation at our house. Hallie is really competitive and she had just checked grades on the computer. She said " Ha Ha! I have a 4.0 and Nat only has a 3.9!" Like that was so bad. Luckily, Natalie takes the competition in stride and doesn't let it annoy her (mostly because she isn't in the competition.It is all in Hallie's head along with the height competition which, you can see, Hallie is also clearly winning). They both do a great job and do their best at everything. I can't ask for more than that! I am just glad they are getting such great results and the recognition will only keep them working harder I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you finally updated your blog. It's so fun to see all the awesome things your family is doing. Everybody is getting so big. It's lame living so far away.
Post a Comment