Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Off Track Fun!

My kids were off track for the past month and we tried to do some fun things. My friends and I got together and decided that we would plan one big activity each week. That way we hoped we could spend less money if they had one thing to look forward to instead of thinking everyday should be a party. We did have a few sleep overs the first week, but I managed to avoid them later on as my nerves got more shot!:)

Our first activity was to go to the Lehi pool. I love that place. It is a little farther for us to drive there, but it is well worth it. It has the best little kid areas and it is always so warm. We stay there for about 3 hours every time and then we have lunch at their little concessions area. It is a great place to go!


These are the kids I took. My kids and a couple extras. Hallie's friend Alanna and my extra off track child Lauren. She and Natalie are attached at the hip whenever possible as you might have noticed looking at my blog! We met several other friends and their many children. Party! Party!


The next week we just took the kids to the church. Many of my friends are into making beaded watches. I haven't gotten into it myself, but they wanted to make them, so we went to the church and let our kids run all around the gym and stuff and get their energy out. I played a little "horse" with the boys Natalie's age and they thought it was fun that I would play with them. Natalie laughed at me for playing, but then she tried and had fun.
The week after that we went to the dollar movie theater in Sandy to see Bolt. It was actually really cute and kept Jace's attention the whole time. My friend took her 2 year old twins to it for their first movie and they loved it too. It was definitely a great kid show! My kids loved all the smuggled in treats. Jace probably ate 6 suckers.
The last week we were off we went to Jumpin Jacks bounce place. This is a picture of a different place, but it is the same type of thing. We went on the 3 dollar Thursday and the kids had a ton of fun. It was our first try for that place and I think we will go again sometime.

Now you know how we spend our off track time here In Herriman! We survived the winter break and none of my kids are dead or injured and I am not in a mental hospital! Little miracles! I actually had a nice time with the kids and I had anticipated it being a lot worse. They got along pretty well this time and we enjoyed our time together.

4 comments:

dana liston said...

Looks like you guys had a great vacation-even if you didn't get to go to Idaho.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. We've been to Classic but not Jumpin'Jacks, we'll have to try that one. Tell Shane they did an amazing job singing on Saturday. They have some serious talent.
- Mike

Mindy K said...

Wow, you're ambitious. I've become such an off-track slacker. I guess it's easy thought with just Ashley.

*Halle looks like she makes a great little gymnast.
*I'll bet Shane is proud of Jace's makeup--funny!
*AND I want to make beaded watches with your friends. Are they like Bumbles?

Coral said...

I'm surprised that we have never run into you at the Legacy Center. We are always there for Gymnastics, Basketball, etc. Looks like a fun school break!