Tuesday, February 3, 2009

January Events!

Like a lot of people around here our little family went to the Draper Temple open house. It was really beautiful and we had a great time. This is a picture while we waited for the bus to come and take us up to the temple. Abbie and Jace were excited for their first bus ride. The temple had really pretty murals and colors and I loved the display they had in the church next door of temples from around the world. The pictures were great to look at!
We woke up one morning to see our next door neighbors house lined with flags. Our neighbors are the only black people in the neighborhood so my kids thought it was because we got our first black president(it was a couple days after the inauguration) :) It was actually because our neighbor was taking her test that day to be a US citizen. She is from Jamaica and her husband plays for the Real Soccer team. She had been applying for a long time and she was really excited! She passed her test so we are thrilled for her! Yea Marcia!


Abbie had a little mishap the other day trying to get pajamas out of the top drawer of her dresser. The dresser fell on her! She had enough adrenaline going to push it back up by herself! We heard the big thud of it hitting her head and it was bleeding really good by the time we got up there. Luckily she only had to get one stitch! It looked more like someone stabbed her in the head with a pencil than getting smacked by a dresser! We are grateful it didn't turn into anything worse like it could have. She is going to ask for help from now on when she can't reach!


And now for the best purchase I have made in a while! I needed and end table and didn't want to spend much, so I looked on KSL. I found this rustic looking table that I can hide blankets and such in. It might not be what I would have picked out at a store, but it was great for the space and the kicker is that it was only $20! Yea! I am such a bargain shopper! Aren't you all so proud of my abilities? I sure am! I now have a nice little table in a spot that has needed one for three years!





8 comments:

dana liston said...

Your blog is so fancy with the polk a dots. You need to teach me some tricks! I can't believe Abbie needed a stitch! I am glad that she is alright! (You need to call your sister when things like that happen! :) ) I like your new table. And thanks for telling me you like my hair. That makes me feel good! Love ya! Oh, I heard you got a free afternoon on Saturday, don't we just love Jean and Jane!

TRICIA said...

jean and jane are the best ever! they do so many things that just plain make me happy. I thought I told you about her head!?!

Brooklyn said...

So while your doing all your bargain shopping, could you find me some bunk beds? I'm in the market and can't seem to find a great deal...

I'm sorry about Abbie. How scary! I'm glad she's ok.

Oh, and egg mcmuffins? Yeah, ew.

amya said...

Hi there! I love the great deal you got on your end table. It looks really nice! And I love the doors so you can hide things. I need something like that. We all need to get together again! Oh, and we went through the temple too, only Logan wasn't too excited about the bus. Once when we were driving there another bus was coming the other way and he yelled, "we're gonna crash!" It was pretty funny.

Mindy K said...

Ooh, Abbie's kinda amazing--she's Super Girl and Harry Potter in one! Glad she's okay.

CUTE bargain! I love ksl.com.

Coral said...

The table is awesome! Tell Abbie we hope she gets feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Braden did the same thing with his dresser when he was about 2. He was pulling open all the drawers and the whole thing tipped over on him. We anchored it to the wall after that. Pretty scary.

Jordan said...

I like the end table and I love it for $20! What a find. Thats funny about Marcia's flags.