
This past week I have been feeling a little like my old self. It has been years since I have felt at all like this. Some of it might be my excitement for spring, but I am hoping I am just on an upward trend with my thyroid battle!
I made peanut butter cups for my kids. I used to make them all the time, but haven't made them in like 6 years! They didn't even know I could do it. They were so excited and thought I should make them every week.
I put out spring decorations for the first time in like 3 years. I realized that I don't have very many at all. My kids were saying things like "where did this come from?" and "oh, I remember this from a long time ago." I felt so bad.
I have just not been able to do anything but the basics (which Shane would probably say that the basics haven't been done much either) for such a long time. I am hoping to be getting back to being a normal person that can do nice things for the people I love. Even if this is just a little break in the fog that has been my life, I am very grateful to feel good for however long it lasts.
I love my family and I wish that I had been able to be better for them all along. My two little kids especially don't know the real me, and I think Natalie and Hallie have forgotten. Hopefully Shane can at least remember why he married me. He has been so patient and kind throughout all this crap and I am so glad I married him.
So this post is to good health for me and to everyone else! Here I go to take cupcakes out of the oven!!!!!!
8 comments:
Tricia - well I think you are awesome just like I know you!! But it is good to hear people talk about things like this. I often feel like I am in some sorta fog (pregnant grouch, crazy mom of a lot of kids, etc.) and I wonder who I am...or who I was...or when I will be fun again. I wonder. It is a good thing to ponder on and I appreciate your thoughts. And you'll have to share your peanut butter cup recipe!!
Glad that you are feeling great today! It's hard not to on a day like today. Hopefully this is the beginning of great things to come. I love you Sis!
My mom and sister have thyroid issues and I thought I might too so a few years ago I was tested. I was disappointed to know it was normal! Now how could I explain the funk? Then last year my Dr. said my thyroid felt enlarged and tested it...NORMAL! So I guess it's just big! Whenever I am having a bad day week, or whatever my sister and I call it a "thyroid day". Hope you continue on your upward trend! Thanks for sharing your honest stuff. And PS you always seemed fun and normal to me!! But I know the feeling of losing yourself.
I'm happy to hear you are feeling so well and good about yourself! We were just talking about your family with the Strouds tonight. Marc takes piano lessons so we were saying how great it would be for him to be like Shane and someday be the Primary pianist! When are you guys going to come back and visit??!?
I can't tell you how happy I am to read your post. Hip Hip Horray. I love you and am so glad you are feeling better. That is such great news. You are a super person, I'm sure glad we are friends...wouldn't know what to do without you. Seriously. Hope there is a card night in the near future.
Good for you Trish! I'm happy that your feeling better. Spring can have that effect :-)
I have another comment. I was thinking today of whay you are not. You are not a complainer. You rarely even mention the difficulties you have had with your thyroid and really only talk about it if I ask. I hope I have asked enough. You have shouldered this problem really well. I'm proud of you.
Thyroid battle? That's no fun. I am glad you feel good! I had a blast with Nat at the mall the other day, she's a good kid.
Post a Comment