Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thoughts of the day!

Ok, so I spoke a little too soon, about feeling better! I had a great few days, and then a bit of a crash. That is ok though. If I can get a few of those good days more often, then I can actually get some things accomplished. It is just nice to have days where I can get out of the fog.
Today was rough for other reasons. I started last night not being able to sleep. I finally went to bed about 3 am. Then at 4 Jace started throwing up. Hallie had already thrown up a few times at this point, so needless to say it was a sleepless night and a lovely mom day filled with laundry and sad sick kids.
One thing I am grateful for today though is mothers intuition. I am so grateful that I have that gift in my life. This afternoon when I finally got Jace to take a nap, I made Hallie and Abbie take a nap too. I was then able to get some much needed rest myself. I decided to turn off the phone so that Jace and I weren't disturbed by random phone calls.
After a few minutes I got up and decided I needed to check the phone. As I did I saw that it was ringing. It was Natalie calling from school! I hurried to pick up the phone, and Natalie was crying on the other end. She was a door monitor today and she got her finger smashed in the doors of the school by some rowdy kids. She said it was cut and she was really upset. I talked to the office and they said she didn't need stitches or anything, so I just talked to her for a while to calm her down. I know this isn't any sort of miraculous thing, but I was so glad that I felt like checking the phone so I could help her when she needed me.
After talking to her I went in my room for a nap. It was then that I thought back to many times as a mom when I woke up just before a newborn baby needed me, or the times that I have felt like I should check on my kids just as they have gotten hurt, or better yet when I have been able to stop them from getting hurt. I am just so grateful for those promptings that I have had when I have been in tune with the needs of my four wonderful kids.
Now I just need to get them all feeling better. I think I might need to go to Chick-fil-A for dinner to make it through the day!?!

6 comments:

Rachel Keppner said...

I loved your post, Tricia! I'm also very grateful for the promptings of the Holy Ghost that come to us as mothers. Heavenly Father is so smart! And Natalie's pain might not have been a big deal in the "grand scheme of things," but it really mattered to HER, and that's what mamas are for. Well done, Mom!

:-)

dana liston said...

Sorry your kids were sick! I hope they are feeling better. And I hope that you don't get it! I am glad you listened to that small voice and checked the phone. How is Nat's hand and how was her shopping trip?

Jamie Eskelson said...

Just another day in paradise...you gotta love throw up. I loved your post, and I love being able to read about what you are doing during the week.

Brooklyn said...

You are such an example to me Trish. I have been so impressed with your last two entries. You have inspired me. I have felt like I've been in a fog too...which is partly why I haven't called about that luch date - maybe we could just get together and chat about it...mine isn't thyroid, nor pregnancy - I have a pretty good idea of what it is - anyway. Thank you for being an example to me. I know that the Lord will continue to inspire us and guide us as moms and women.

I love you girl!

TRICIA said...

Thanks for the great comments guys. Natalie'e had is ok her finger is really ugly. It got smashed pretty good. I will post about her shopping trip soon. Laurens mom took pictures.
Brook we can get toghether anytime.

Coral said...

Sorry you have been so sick! I hope that you continue to get better! You are such a good mom!