Ok, yet another post with no pictures, but I have obviously been thinking a lot!
Today we attended a funeral for our friend Dan Howells. He was killed on Monday in a car accident. His wife Amy now has six children to care for on her own. Just this past Christmas our friend Angie lost her husband Brian and now has 5 kids to raise. It has been so strange to think of these great couples and the fun and crazy game nights we used to have with them not too long ago. I just can't believe that in three short months two of my friends have so unexpectedly been left to raise their beautiful children alone.They have been amazingly strong and have shown extreme courage in facing the challenges that lie ahead for them.
I can't imagine what I would do. It has definitely been a time of reflection for me and for Shane. How fast your life can change in ways that are unexpected.
Really, what would you do if your spouse left the house and never came home? I keep thinking, what if you are angry with someone in your family and that is the last time you see them? Sad thoughts i know, but it sure has made me more grateful for everyday that I have. It makes me want to be much more loving to my husband and my children. Everyday is a gift that we so often take for granted. My hope is that in some way I can take these tragedies and learn from them. I want to stop worrying about little things. To stop getting so frustrated with the trials that four kids can bring. To be grateful for the many blessings I have. To be grateful for my beautiful healthy children. To appreciate my hard working and loving husband more. To realize how blessed I am to have the friends that I have made over the years. And probably most of all to take JOY IN THE JOURNEY, because we never know how long our journey will last.
4 comments:
I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I just can't imagine how difficult that would be. Thanks for the good reminder to enjoy and love our loved ones each day.
Thanks for sharing...so sorry for your friends! Life seems so strangely unpredictable now that we are all adults! When we were younger, it didn't seem as though stuff like this happened to people we knew, or us! I am sure that your friends are glad to have your support. Hope all is well with your family! Miss you all!
Thanks for the beautiful reminder. I'm sorry your friends have to go through this.
Loved your post Trish. I say dido to everyword.
Post a Comment