Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter at Arches!

When I grew up our family had the tradition of spending Easter at Arches National Park. It is a favorite memory of my childhood, and one of my favorite places to spend time. I was so glad that we got to take our kids there this year. We spent the first night in Devils Garden campground-the best place for kids to have fun and explore. The kids were especially excited to spend several days with Dad! Bear with me I have a bunch of photos, but I tried to keep it under control!:)Here is the family by our cute little old tent trailer. We have a lot of fun taking it out when we get the chance!I Love this picture of Shane taking Jace on our hike. We did the whole 5 plus miles of the Devils Garden trail and this is how Shane spent most of the hike! I think it is a really great shot of my two guys!This is most of the group as we stopped to rest and check out the view. This is my family and many of my cousins continuing the many years long tradition. I have a really great family and we always have a great time together.This is Hallie by some petroglyphs that are off the trail up by Dark Angel. They don't tell people about them so that they don't get ruined. It is a special thing to know where they are and to be able to check them out.
This is the most white trash event I ave ever been to in my life, but it is highly entertaining! This is potato salad hill and all these people try to climb it with their 4 wheel drive vehicles that they have modified. More people make it up these days because they have really modified their trucks just for this hill. Back in the day people used to just try it with what they had and they wouldn't make it up very often. The highlight is when you see someone roll their car down the hill. We were blessed to witness such an event this time! A guy rolled his jeep, it landed upright on all four tires, so he just tried again and zoomed up the hill. This was met with huge applause and cheers! It is just crazy what these guys do. They spend so much money fixing up their trucks just to try again the next time they are in Moab.

Here we are trying to stay warm as we watch the action at Potato Salad.

Here are the guys playing Bocce after lunch. It is fun to see them with their measuring tape checking to see who's ball is the closest.
This is sand dune arch and a favorite spot for the kids to play and get really messy. You can't see very well, but Natalie, Hallie and their cousin Aiden figured out how to climb to the top of the Arch. They are in the top left of the arch.They had a blast.
This is me, my mom, my sister Megan and her husband Kenny at the campsite playground. We were visiting while we watched the kids.

Here are my cute kid on Easter morning after an Easter egg hunt. We all had a really great time together as a family for the weekend. I am so glad that we made the trip and I hope to get there more often now that our kids are getting bigger.

7 comments:

Jamie Eskelson said...

You and your sister Megan are seriously twins. I could hardly tell you apart in this picture. Glad you had a good time! We loved seeing you there.

Karina Houser said...

Very cool pictures! I will have to go there sometime. You have a fun family!

Coral said...

We are so glad that everyone could come! Fun times!

dana liston said...

I'm glad you got a shot of the Bocce players. I didn't. It was a fun trip for sure.

Amy said...

How fun! I've never been, I'll have to check it out!

Anonymous said...

That looks like a blast! We need to get down there more often.

Mindy K said...

(Your frog is so cute)

Arches looks like fun. I never knew there was so much to do. Some day we'll need you to show us the ropes.