Thursday, March 5, 2009

Yea for my parents!

I know I look like a hunchback in this picture, but that is what I get for having lifelong bad posture! Anyway this isn't about me, it is about the fact that last Friday my parents bought a new car! Finally! My dad rode the shuttle down from Idaho Falls (by the way, who knew there were 16 different times in one day he could ride the shuttle down here! Wow!) and I picked him up at the airport to take him to buy this great new car! I think they will really like it. It is a 2008 Explorer with leather interior and a fun thing that syncs their phone or an mp3 player right through the cars speakers. I am glad they can now come visit without worrying about their safety, I am glad that they could buy and pull a trailer now if they want, I am glad they got something nice because they definitely deserve it. They are always doing nice things for everyone else and now they have done something nice for themselves and it makes me happy. Nate said they don't dare drive it and they didn't even take it to church on Sunday! Funny. Hopefully they will get used to the fact that it is theirs and they will enjoy it to its fullest! Love you mom and dad and I am glad you finally broke down and made a purchase even though it "says Ford on the front!"

4 comments:

dana liston said...

Amen to all you said! They NEEDED it! :)

Tiffany said...

Good for them! Nothin like a new car :-)

Coral said...

Yay! They deserve it!

Mindy K said...

So fun when parents splurge--mine hardly ever do either.