Yesterday we took Jace to Sacrament meeting for the first time since he got hurt. He was sitting there as sacrament meeting started and he was flipping through the Book of Mormon. He got to the picture of Christ and got really excited and said "Hey, that's the guy that helped me when I fell out the window!" I couldn't believe what he said so I asked him to repeat what he just said. Then he said it again. I have been able to hold myself together really well emotionally throughout this whole ordeal, but that really threw me over the edge. I knew we had been blessed because Jace is doing so well, but this really drove home to me what a miracle we have experienced. What an amazing thing for Jace to know so early in life-that he was helped by his Savior. Hopefully it is something he can remember as he gets older. Needless to say, we had a very spiritual experience at church yesterday. How blessed we are to know that our Heavenly Father is watching out for each of us and that His son will continue to help us in our time of need. I hope I can be a good mother to my sweet Jace, he obviously has some work to do here on earth in 3 short years we have already seen him come out of intensive care twice. Hopefully those are the only times we need to be there. We continue to learn from this experience, that is for sure.Monday, July 6, 2009
The Miracle that continues to teach us!
Yesterday we took Jace to Sacrament meeting for the first time since he got hurt. He was sitting there as sacrament meeting started and he was flipping through the Book of Mormon. He got to the picture of Christ and got really excited and said "Hey, that's the guy that helped me when I fell out the window!" I couldn't believe what he said so I asked him to repeat what he just said. Then he said it again. I have been able to hold myself together really well emotionally throughout this whole ordeal, but that really threw me over the edge. I knew we had been blessed because Jace is doing so well, but this really drove home to me what a miracle we have experienced. What an amazing thing for Jace to know so early in life-that he was helped by his Savior. Hopefully it is something he can remember as he gets older. Needless to say, we had a very spiritual experience at church yesterday. How blessed we are to know that our Heavenly Father is watching out for each of us and that His son will continue to help us in our time of need. I hope I can be a good mother to my sweet Jace, he obviously has some work to do here on earth in 3 short years we have already seen him come out of intensive care twice. Hopefully those are the only times we need to be there. We continue to learn from this experience, that is for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Tricia,that is amazing! Jace was very blessed! We love him so much.
How amazing is that. Thanks for sharing it. Love you guys.
Wow. No other words ...
Holy cow that is AWESOME! Neat story!
I have chills. That is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
Hey Trish! It's Tiffany. I didn't know you had a blog! I saw you on Cheridan's list. I am so grateful that everything is okay with Jace. I can't believe what a blessing it has been for him to be okay. Just WOW is all that comes to mind. I just had Rob look at the pictures of his fracture (he's an RN now) and he has explained how bad his injuries could have been. I just can't believe how miraculous the whole thing is. Then, for him to say that Christ helped him is just icing on the cake. I love your family and your beautiful little girls. I was pretty sad when the fireworks were rained out. That is basically the only time of the year I get to see them. Hopefully we can all get together sometime this summer and catch up. For now, you can see pictures of Landen on our blog. I hope to see you soon!
Wow! What an amazing story! Thanks for sharing! He is so blessed! (and so are you)
I have shared this experience with all that ask how he is doing.
I also got signed up for gmail so I can participate. (yea mom)
Every time I hear this story and think about since it happened, I still start to cry. This is such a confirmation that the Lord is with us each and every day. It shows me how much he loves and watches over his little children. To have the Savior himself come help Jace when he fell from the window also tells me Jace has a very special mission here on the earth to perform. He's teaching us already and he'll continue to teach us. Thanks for sharing this very special experience!
Post a Comment