Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Desperate Housewife!


Ok, here's the deal. I want to move. I am ready to build a new house. It might seem like I haven't lived here very long, but it has almost been 5 years. Twice as long as I have lived anywhere else. I like moving and having things seem new. Well, I don't think we could sell our house for enough money to be worth it (I am looking seriously into it though). So my alternative is to try and make my house seem new again. I am going to do a home improvement project. I am going to go room by room and from closet to closet trying to organize, clean, touch up paint, freshen the decorations and that type of thing. I am posting it here to make myself accountable and to give me extra motivation. I want to love my house again, and I think it is going to take a lot of work to get me there. I will post pictures of my completed work. I probably won't do before pictures, because I don't want you to see how bad I have let some places get!
At the same time I am trying to be a better mom and homemaker. I love staying home with my kids, but I have been letting a few things slide and I want to get back to being the good mom I know I can be. I am going to make more dinners at home, try new recipes, be better organized after school to help my kids with homework . I also want us to get outside more and enjoy the nice spring weather that I am willing our way!
Yes, I know it looks like a daunting task. I am a little afraid. It needs to happen though. I want to be a good mom and a not so desperate housewife. I am hoping a little organizing, planning and sprucing up will help me to love where I am in my life and help me better enjoy each day with my quickly growing family!! Wish me luck!!!!

3 comments:

Megan and Kenny said...

That sounds very ambitious. Good luck with that. But I think you should do before and after pitures. That way you can feel so much better about your accomplishment.

{Brittany} said...

Yes, let's help each other! Obviously, we are feeling the same way. I think it's because the sun is shining now and we are finally ready to get something accomplished after being cooped up all winter. Right?

Rachel Keppner said...

You ARE an awesome mom!!! And I'm excited for your homemaking goals. *Go Tricia!* :-D