
Yesterday after school, Hallie got out the Karaoke machine. She was upstairs playing with the kids and doing "Hallie's Talk Show." So I decided that for Family Home Evening I would take over and have "Tricia's Talk Show." It turned into some impromptu fun for us all. We finished reading the Book of Mormon (just the version with pictures-we have too many squirmers to get very far with the real one) Then, I used the microphone to interview the kids one at a time. Just asking basic questions like; favorite color and our standard dinner question of "what is the best and worst part of your day". The kids loved having their turn for the interview.
Then, I had them gather around the Karaoke machine with their bean bags. After that, we started reading book number one of Harry Potter. It actually worked out really nice to have them lay down and relax while I read out loud with the microphone. The microphone helped me to be able to read longer because I wasn't having to yell over Jace and all his squirming. It turned out to be a fun idea and one that I am sure we will do again in the future!
Good times for the Toponce Family!
3 comments:
I love it when something actually works out!!! Sounds like fun.
These are some great ideas! I'm totally going to try them. :-)
Cute!! I think our karaoke machine is dead. Gonna go look into it. And as for the whole diet craze, maybe we should just go back to the college days when we ate peanut butter m&ms by threes and drank dr pepper:)
Post a Comment