Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Our Memorable Memorial Day!!

We had a nice memorial day. We started off the day by going to breakfast with Shane before he had to head to work. Then I had this really brilliant idea. I was going to take the kids up in the canyon for some time in the beautiful outdoors and to have a picnic. Our destination was going to be Silverlake. One big flaw in the plan-it was still frozen and covered in snow!!

We didn't let that stop us! We headed down the canyon again to where the snow had melted a little more and we could enjoy the sunshine and the beauty of the canyon.
We found a pull out for fisherman that was miraculously empty. (The canyon was packed full of people and every picnic area was overflowing with people) We loved being in an area all to ourselves. We just sat on some rocks to enjoy our picnic. Then for entertainment. We threw rocks into the river. It is amazing how much fun you can have finding pretty rocks. Or perfect skipping rocks. Or rocks to make the biggest splash!
We had a great time. How do I know? On the way home Jace said "that was a great adventure! when can we do it again?" A memorable memorial day? Mission accomplished.

4 comments:

Megan and Kenny said...

So much better than what we did. I told Kenny to study and while he did that I looked up all of my favorite dances from SYTYCD. We did go play some tennis though.

dana liston said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun day. I wish mom and dad had stuck around a bit longer and we all could have partied. Russell made us stain the deck! :)

Jamie Cooks It Up! said...

It's looking so cute around here!
Glad you had a fun day. You are mother of the year.

Rachel Keppner said...

What a wonderful day your kids will always remember! Isn't it funny how the spontaneous, cost free things we do with kids end up being the best? LOL! What a beautiful experience. :)