Friday, June 25, 2010

Feeling Blue? Not When There's A Party Going On!!!

We had a 1/2 birthday party for Natalie today. She is 12 and it is the second time we have done her friend party this way. It gives us some more options than we get in the winter and it is nice not to have to fit anything else into Christmas time.

I also like to think it makes Natalie more the focus of our time, since we don't have other pressures. She is the best helper I could ask for and she definitely needs and deserves something special just for her!


I made these as goodie bags for the girls. Inside was a pair of socks, mints, and a lipgloss. All in shades of blue of course!


We managed to find a lot of blue foods. It worked out to being 12 things for her 12 years! Blue corn chips, blue ranch dressing, York pieces, gummy sharks, chips ahoy cookies, cupcakes, cookies and cream kisses, gummy worms, blue m&m and skittles, and these things called razzles.




Nat was sure happy to come home from school to this vision of blue!


Her cute cake. It is supposed to be a peace sign. Her favorite, but the shades of blue aren't very different.



I thought the cake looked super cute all lit up!


Her friends all wore blue and most of her presents were blue too! When they came to the door we gave them all a blue streak in their hair-just to be extra festive. I separated the girls into teams and sent them on a scavenger hunt around the neighborhood. They had to get things like a napkin, a pkg of ramen noodles, an old sock, that kind of thing. They had a ton of fun even though it was burning hot outside!


This cute shot is with all their new matchy socks. Natalie has some really fun friends and I hope that is always the case. Happy Half Birthday to my darling and pretty close to perfect oldest child!!

We cant forget the siblings that got dressed up to match!

4 comments:

Megan and Kenny said...

Happy 1/2 birthday Natalie. That looks like a lot of fun. Blue is a fun theme.

dana liston said...

Way fun and cute! Hope you had a happy half b-day Nat!!

The Green's said...

How fun! Your so good at being festive. Natalie is darling, and the cake looks great! Happy 15th anniversary by the way. I can't believe it has been that long.

Lizz said...

What a fun idea to do a half bday! Christmas isn't the ideal day for a friend party, what a great mom you are! I love the scavenger hunt idea! Cute, cute, cute pictues, and daughter!