Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Oh, what do you do in the wintertime. . . . .

........when your kids are off track and it is 14degrees outside?

Hide in your bedroom on the computer! I am actually in here. Just not hiding. The little kids have friends over and they are all playing Mario Kart on the wii. I am where I can stop any fights or fix any problems, but where I can have the noise level down a few notches. Creative mothering at its best!

Natalie and Hallie are off with their friends. Other activities off track include classic skating, the Lehi pool, Herriman library, sledding on the little skim of snow we have here right now, cleaning-with bribes of Krispy Kremes or McDonalds when the jobs are done, precious naps (declared for all after they get into fights. this makes for happier kids and a happier mom).

If I get really motivated we might do some baking. February is the season for sugar cookies right?

All I know is that I am grateful that this time off track is only two weeks long instead of a month like next time! I am also grateful for a hard working, again employed, husband that makes it possible for us to do the activities that keep me sane and give our kids some good times!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Can I just say I love how honest you are on your blog. So many people just post about the happy things and not the real things. I love that you don't cook dinner every night and go out, makes me feel better about the nights I don't cook. I love that you're hiding out in the bedroom too :) SO happy Shane got a new job, I hope he loves it. What a cute family you have!

dana liston said...

Sounds like you guys are making it through even with the freezing cold. :) Love ya sis.

Lindsey Hemara said...

I love how real you are. You are so creative to make the best of your time w/your kids. I need to take some of your ideas. I am so bored somedays with my preschooler and toddler. I can totally relate to staying far enough away from the noise yet close enough to stop the fight. lol... I loved your post!