Many people I know look forward to little holidays that give them a three day weekend. We don't get too excited about those holidays around here. We never get to go anywhere. Shane is always working. Usually the kids and I do lunch together or something to make it fun.
This year we didn't even get to do that. We had that fire here in Herriman and the kids' school got cancelled for a day. They decided to do the make up day on Presidents Day. Lame. So as we heard about other people's travel plans and little vacations, we knew our day would be like any other. Not so fun filled.
I decided to at least try to have a little fun that evening. We had a family home evening on Prayer. How is that extra fun? According to Jace it isn't, and he is usually right about these things. The fun was Presidents day, pizza, pajamas, popcorn, and the Prince of Persia. Clever eh?
Natalie and Hallie had been wanting to see it, so we had our evening of things that begin with P. At least a little out of the ordinary. A short evening of Holiday. We really know how to celebrate. Maybe we can go somewhere next year. . . . .
6 comments:
I like that!! You made a boring holiday even better. I wish I thought more like you.
Kenny had to kill mice all day. I was so annoyed, because I was hoping for a short day. 6 more weeks of 7 days a week.
We loved that show. And . . . there is nothing better than yummy food, family and a great show! PS We loved Socerer's Apprentice too. If you haven't seen it, it is a buyer.
Love it!
cute idea Tricia. we missed you in I.F., Jack was sure you guys would be there! :)
So fun! I love it.
Post a Comment