On our way home from the trip we stopped at Shane's mom's for a little more love. She made him a money cake and yummy dessert. Not bad to have your 40th birthday celebration last for a couple weeks!
He deserves it though. Shane works so hard all the time and he deserves a little recognition. I love his laugh and how contagious it is. I love that we have so much fun together. I love that when he has free time he wants to spend it with me and the kids. I love that he always tries to beat me at games-but only succeeds about half the time. I love that he always has a project in mind even though he hardly has time for any of them. I love that even though he is at work all the time he is willing to serve in church with the little time he has. I love that he is a great example to our kids. I love that he loves my siblings like they are his own. I love that he cares so much about his mom and her well being. I love that he tries to make his time with our kids memorable. I love that he will watch so many shows with me late into the night. I love that he is always thinking of our future and how to make it great. I love that he is such a great provider for our family even after several times of struggle. He always makes the best of it and moves on to better things. I love that he is a good cook. I hate that he can't do it more often. He makes better pancakes, scrambled eggs, spaghetti, and chocolate chip cookies than anyone. Really. I love that he works hard to stay in shape and be healthy. I love that he is still so good looking at 40. Not just for 40. :) I think you can tell that I just love him.
Happy Birthday Shane! I love you even though you are an old man!
No comments:
Post a Comment