They put in a lodge! With plenty of room for meetings and hanging out when it rains. They have a piano and the back wall will have a big fireplace soon.
Here is my family enjoying a campsite.
Every campsite has been improved with a firepit, benches, cement pads for tables, and tent pads with straw and gravel to soften the ground. They also added 13 campsites. The girls now have it so easy! No more digging trenches in the rain and no more cows wandering through the camp at their leisure!

Did I mention that the girls have it easy these days? They have two huge shower areas. This old building was converted into showers and they have one in the lodge.
This is what the showers look like now! They are beautiful and have granite counter tops and tile floors. Every other door is a shower and the others are toilets. Spoiled little campers!
This is a shower house for the priesthood leaders that is two separate nice bathrooms.
3 comments:
I'll say spoiled! I was surprised not to see pedicure chairs! You actually had it alot nicer than me. We had a biff (hole in the ground out-house), no shower, and it is three hours away. It was true roughin it. Good times though.--J
But really, would you trade the tents, the long lines outside the two always-plugged crappers, the cows, the rusticity of it -- for what they've got now? Never in a million years, I say. We are who we are because we survived the rain our Yearling year, and our smoker camp leader our Adventurer year, and everything in between ...
I recently bought Roxette's Joyride off iTunes. Remember the song we made up to it our last year when we were youth leaders? "Hello! You fools! We're camping!"
Good times.
PS. Remember that crazy stake leader's song to help us remember to keep from flushing the Kotex?
Post a Comment