I have been in Idaho Falls since last Friday and I haven't been able to put new pictures on my blog. I have taken a few here, so I will have some to post when I get home tomorrow. Anyway, I have a challenge to write 78 things about myself that the general public doesn't know. I don't know if I can think of that many, but here I go:
1. I have an awesome family-extended in all directions. They are the best I could ask for.
2. I am the oldest of 5 kids.
3. I sincerely love my brothers and sisters and enjoy their company.
3. I graduated from BYU with a degree in History and Psychology Teaching
4. To my knowledge anyone in my family that has graduated from college graduated from BYU clear back to my great grandmothers who went to Brigham Young Academy.
5. I love to read.
6. I can't read a book more than once because I know what is going to happen.
7. I think I am going to try and read some books again because I am sure I would get more out of it. I just have a mental block that way.
8. Sadly, I have that mental block about the scriptures too, so I have to really decide to read them over and over.
9. I can't sleep at night without reading something.
8. My husband loves that I read at night because I will scratch his back.
9. I always have long fingernails.
10. They have been long since lee press on nails were the big thing because stupid boys would try to pull them off.
11. I love to play games. Card games, board games, trivia games.
12. I have a real mind for all things unimportant-- like pop culture.
13. Sadly, my strange memory doesn't work to remember things of value.
14. I don't like computer games. I have no skills in that area.
15. I like things to be organized, but somehow have let my house become a mess.
16. I plan to get back to my old ways.
17. I have been sick for the past 3 years and I haven't been able to get it fixed.
18. I hate being tired all the time.
19. I hate that my mind feels like it is in a fog most of the day.
20. I plan my life around my children's naps.
21. The naps are for my benefit. I take one almost every day.
22. I don't know how I will ever go back to work when my kids are older.
23. I can't see myself having the energy for a job everyday.
24. I am going to take the time to make myself get healthy.
25. I have a gym membership, but I think it is sooo boring to exercise.
26. I need to pretend I like it until I do. Does that really work? I don't think so.
27. I like all kinds of music.
28. I love musicals.
29. Ok, I don't like rap, heavy metal, or opera, but I like all other kinds.
30. I love old movies.
31. When my kids are out of school I make them watch classic movies with me.
32. I love having girls that are old enough to appreciate, Anne of Green gables, Parent Trap(the old one), Pride and Prejudice, Unsinkable Molly Brown and on and on. . .
33. Did I say I loved my kids?
34. They make me very happy.
35. My kids teach me things almost everyday.
36. I love my husband.
37. After 13 1/2 years I still love spending time with him and talking to him.
38. I love that he is a hard worker, but I hate that he works so hard. Make sense?
39. I notice cars people drive in movies and down the freeway just so I can answer when he quizzes me about it. I NEVER thought I would have that skill.
40. I have driven most cars and now I don't think any are that exciting.
41. I always wanted a Jaguar. Now Shane drives one and I think. "that's it?"
42. I love almost everything about our house.
43. I wish I had this house on our old lot, because I miss the people there.
44. I would totally move if it made sense. I love moving and looking at houses.
45. I loved getting our houses built. The whole process. I would do it again.
46. If I built another house I think I could get it completely right.
47. I am learning to garden.
48. I got too ambitious with how many flowerbeds I have and I can't weed them all.
49. I enjoy finding plants I like and using them to make my yard look nice.
50. I have some neighbors with awesome yards and I am going to make them teach me.
51. I love Yellowstone Park
52. I love the beauty of mountains.
53. I love to see animals where they really live.
54. I used to love to see the deer in my yard, now they eat my plants and I can't decide if I love or hate them!
55. I love Arches too. I don't go there like I used to and I miss it.
56. I loved sitting in Skyline arch and just spending time by myself.
57. I have been on one cruise, but I now consider myself a "cruiser."
58. I love when my kids give me a hug.
59. I love when my kids think I am fun.
60. I used to be really hyper all the time. Now I am not.
61. I love to learn about people.
62. I used to write in my journal everyday.
63. Then I had 4 kids and got tired.
64. I want to start that habit again.
65. I teach Relief Society at church. I really like it.
66. I used to be thin.
67. I want to be again someday.
68. I want to spend more time doing healthy things.
69. I love TV.
70. I think the DVR is the best invention almost ever.
71. TV is the devil for me and it has drawn me in.
72. If I didn't watch so many shows maybe I would write in my journal or organize!
73. I have some wonderful friends.
74. I wish I had more close friends.
75. I hate to talk on the phone.
76. I only like to talk in person-then I can see if the person is getting bored with what I say.
77. My mom used to say she would buy me pizza if I would call and order it. I would rather not have the pizza.
78. I think I have been blessed to have a happy life so far.
That was kind of hard! I don't know if you made it through the list but if you did, thanks for listening! Now, the challenge is on, I would love to know more about you my fellow bloggers!
9 comments:
I had to stop reading to comment on the planning your life around your children's naps. That is SO me! I am a nap Nazi! I am very persistent if Tyler doesn't want to take a nap too. Even if he gets out of bed 10 times, he IS going to take a nap every single day until he just won't do it anymore. He does usually sleep for 2-3 hours so I know he still needs one, just sometimes he doesn't know it :-)
That was fun to read Trish. I want you to get feeling better too-maybe we need to check out some alternative medicine since the dr's aren't getting it quite right! I love having you for my sister. I do wish you would call me more! :) I can't see you everyday.
I think we have a LOT in common. Good job! That looks like a difficult task. That was fun to read.
Oh Trish, we have so much in common. Naps, TV, Pop Culture. I love it. That was fun!
That was fun to read! I hardly knew anything about you! #32 is great, I love the same shows, and now Ashlyn is starting to enjoy them too! (and AJ!) I agree that exercising is boring. It's more fun to jump on the tramp with the kids...but that always makes me need to pee!
Very nice list. I love learning about people from these lists. I learned more in 2 minutes than I did as your neighbor for 2 years. -Mike
Thanks for sharing! It was a lot of fun to read!! The doctor's can't figure out what is wrong? Is that why you have been sick for so long?
No I know what is wrong. It is a thyroid thing and I have been taking medication for that long and I still can't get it back to normal. It is really annoying.
Fun list Trisha! We have alot in common. About the laundry system....I now do a load every day. A once a week laundry day works well for alot of people, but it didn't for me.--Julie
Post a Comment