Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day of School! (and Dad's birthday!)

This is yesterday before the first day of school. We had a family photo because Jace wouldn't move! Here we are with just the school girls!
I cant believe Nat is in the 5th grade! I have so many memories of 5th grade, so it seems so wierd that she will be having those experiences. I feel older every day!
Hallie is in 3rd grade obviously. All the kids got cute new haircuts and if you look close Nat's is longer on one side than the other. She really wanted it that way so whatever. I think it turned out cute. Better than her last idea when she told me she was going to "personally bring back the 80's side ponytail." What a funny girl.

Here we have sweet Abbie telling Jace it is ok that he doesn't get to go to school. Not a happy boy. All day he wanted to know where the kids were. He kept asking "Where's my guys?" He didn't like them being gone so long. I thought it was super cute.
It was also Shane's birthday yesterday so we went to dinner at Olive Garden and gave him a few gifts. He had a busy day at work so he didn't have the best birthday ever, but I just wanted to say Happy Birthday and tell him I love him.

Also after I told Abbie how old he was she got really sad and said "Is my dad going to die?" I said "why" and she said "because he is so old." I about died myself--laughing so hard. I love kids!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Natalie looks so old! They are darling. Happy Birthday Shane.

Eliza said...

Happy Birthday Shane!

Isn't it weird? I have a 5th and 3rd grader too!

Mindy K said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHANE!!

We are totally lame friends.

I can't believe how big and beautiful everyone is getting. Nat's hair is really cute. I like it. You are quite the blogger!!

And, um, choke on this horrid thought, girls. I have a daughter in MIDDLE SCHOOL this year.

TRICIA said...

we are getting so old ladies! i remember when. . . all we cared about was melrose place and the oj simpson trial!:)