Monday, August 18, 2008

Why I miss living in Seattle.

Ok, obviously there are a lot of things to love and miss about Seattle, but one big thing was Hydrangias. I love them! Especially the purply-blue color. They were so big and beautiful there and I was so sad that I couldn't have them in Utah.

Well someone said that I could actually grow them here, but that I couldn't have the blue ones because their color is all from the acid or something in the soil. Anyway, I wanted to try and grow one. I planted it last year but it never bloomed, but this year it did finally bloom and I am feeling very proud that I got it to work! Here it is. I know it is nothing like you see by YOUR houses my Seattle friends, but I am just happy to have it and wanted to share the Joy!

2 comments:

Karina Houser said...

Nice!! My hydrangeas are blue but I only get about 2 blooms on them each year?! I don't know what is wrong. Here is why you might not miss living in Seattle so much: it's raining in August!

Tiffany said...

Those are so pretty, I might have to plant some myself. I love hydrangeas!