Thursday, September 9, 2010

We need a little kindness around these parts!

I don't know how many families are having this issue, but I like to think there are many and not just us. I think that after spending a lot of time together this summer with a lot less structure to our day we started to slack on a lot of things. The way we treat each other is high on that list. My sister had a back to school dinner with a theme. I had to copy it and implement in our house. KINDNESS BEGINS WITH ME. Brilliant. Thanks Dana. Our last family home evening was inspired by you!


We posted our theme on the fridge. With a list of things to work on. It is a lofty list but we can try. We need to. We want to share the love around here. Not the hate and annoyance. Most days we get along great. We just need to be kinder in what we say and the tone we use.


Wish us luck in our endeavours to be kind. It has been three days. There is a noticeable change. I hope we can make it permanent. I love these kids of mine and I want them to always love each other. Nothing is greater than brothers and sisters who truly love each other. I know first hand. I want my kids to have that. I think they will. We just need reminders once in a while.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I swear, just writing things down and having a constant reminder to look at is all it takes. Great idea girls!

dana liston said...

I am glad I can inpsire you! :) Your sign looks better.

Melissa said...

We have the same problem in our family. Im always stoping my kids mid whine or fight and asking them if they talk to their friends or teachers that way. the answer if of course no. we are going to copy you and have this FHE. thank for the great idea.