Saturday, August 1, 2009

Our Little Lake

In our neighborhood just up the hill from our house they have built a little reservoir. Our neighborhood lake. It isn't very big, but it has a fun sand beach, and it is a great size for a quick dip in the sunshine. It is starting to get more crowded and a little less fun, but hopefully it can get regulated a little better in the future. Some sketchy people are starting to make there way up there, but so far it is still a great place to be.My kids love it. Today we went with my friend Mindy and her girls Kourtney, Ashley and Grace. They have a dad that works on Saturday too, so they were ready to join us for some fun! Hallie and Ashley. When we get together with them I always think it is so crazy how much these two look and act alike. They are from the same mold and they look more like each other than they look like their own sisters!
Here are the big girls trying to get the raft away from the younger girls. You can see Hallie's awnry face. They were not successful!

Kourtney and Natalie growing up too fast!Here are Ashley and Hallie floating out on the raft. We thought they might die out there. They couldn't get back for a long time.
Jace and his water soaker. He was spraying anyone that got near him weather he knew them or not.
Kourtney and Nat floating away on their own adventure. We had a fun time. I almost melted in the sun, but it is my own fault-I don't want to get in the germ infested lake! :0)

5 comments:

Amy said...

oooh! Who brought the Aquajump? I've always wanted to try one of those! FUN!!

dana liston said...

fun day at the lake, we'll have to come up with our swimming suits this time! :)

TRICIA said...

I think it was the Whites that live next to the lake-they wouldn't let anyone one, but I dont blame them.

Coral said...

Looks like so much fun!! ♥

Mindy K said...

Hey, I walked around in the germy lake!!
Those pics turned out great. That was lots o fun!! Thanks for the invite. We'll have to do it again on another spouse-less Saturday.