Jace loves swimming-he is such a little fish. He has loved being able to swim this summer. It gave him some freedom when he wasn't able to do anything else because of his fall. The first time we took him swimming this summer he was swimming around for a little while and then he grabbed my face with both his hands and said "Mom, I am getting so happy!!!"
The last day of swim lessons Jace got to jump off the diving board for the first time. He got to the end of the handrail and then he got down and crawled to the end of the board. He didn't dare get up, it was windy, so I think that made him more nervous.
After a minute or two a lifeguard walked out and dropped him down to his teacher. He loved it. After he waited on the side for a while, he said he wanted to try it again all by himself. His teacher said it was ok.
So, again, he got to the end of the handrail and crawled to the end, but this time he got right up and jumped to his teacher himself! I was so glad they let him have a second try and all the moms cheered for him. It was super cute!

Abbie loves swimming lessons too!
Abbie loves swimming lessons too!
1 comment:
I love that he grabbed you face like that. How cute!
Post a Comment